– Must maintain a 3.0 grade point average and take pre ACT and SAT classes
– Must ensure they are joining sporting teams outside of school to maintain competitive training.
– Keep a correspondence track of all coaches and teachers with whom are involved in your sporting endeavours.
– Ask all coaches for references, their emails and phone numbers, and keep a log of all of them.
– Always be mindful of recruiting deadlines, rules and regulations. These are consistently changing.
– Be sure to regularly book official visits, and plan unofficial visits. Have your scholarship negotiations ready with you for all visits.
– One of the fun parts of the process, is to ensure that you have at least one video that highlights on field performance.
– It is also a good idea to start a sporting portfolio website that will hold your sporting photos, biography, news clippings, videos, and anything else that highlights your achievements, both academic and sporting.
Parents are spending thousands on team memberships, personal training and private school sports. Equipment, tournaments, travel expenses, and accommodation, are all massive costs each year. Most of these expenses can be alleviated with a sports scholarship.
Having the right tools and strategies can help polish the perfect application, and ultimately achieve success. To effectively use those tools and strategies, you must know the requirements of the application and begin the process as soon as possible.
At PEAinternational, we can show you how to achieve the perfect sports scholarship. Visit us at facebook.com/PEAinternational to take advantage of our great resources and free training sessions.
Yours in sport